Become a Member
If clean water, abundant wildlife and protecting our natural resources are important to you, then you belong in the James River Association. JRA is a member-supported nonprofit organization dedicated to protecting the health of the James River and its tributaries.
JRA Members now receive discounts of up to 20% on paddlecraft, river trips and more
The James River Association wants to help you get out and enjoy the James. As a JRA member you are now eligible for discounts of up to 20% from the JRA partners listed below. Simply show your valid JRA Member Card to receive your discount. (Cards are valid for one year from the date of issue.) If you can’t find your card, contact JRA and we’ll replace it. If you need to renew your membership, you can do that here!
- Twin River Outfitters: 10% off an rental river trip or shuttle service
- James River Float Company: 20% off raft/tube/kayak/canoe trips and 15% off for guided overnight or guided fishing trips
- Knot the Reel World Fly Fishing: 10% off fly fishing lessons
- Black Dog Paddle: $10 off basic SUP classes and $5 off SUP Yoga or Monday Night Pack Paddle
- Eco Discovery Park: 10% off bike, kayak, SUP and canoe rentals
- Appomattox River Company: 10% regular priced items
Additional JRA membership benefits include:
- An exclusive JRA member decal for your car or home
- Tidings, JRA’s informative newsletter
- Invitations to events including our Annual Meeting and Westover Lawn Party
- Monthly email updates from RiverWatch, our e-newsletter
- River updates, news about volunteer opportunities, and river-related events,
- The personal satisfaction of knowing that you’re helping protect America’s Founding River
Plus, if you live in the James River watershed you can become a certified JRA River Hero Home and receive addition discounts from nurseries and lawn and garden centers in your area!
Join JRA Today!
$25 - Special saving on our basic membership rate through June 30! -- Plus a FREE JRA baseball cap!
To join or renew your membership online, select the appropriate level and click "donate." Our online donations are through PayPal's secure payment system. You do not have to have a PayPal account to donate.
If you would prefer to send a membership payment through the mail please fill out and print this membership form and mail to:
James River Association
9 S. 12 Street, 4th Floor
Richmond, VA 23219
Please include the recipient's name and address. The recipient will receive a membership card in the mail.
Instead of a yearly membership gift, I would like to make a general donation:
I would like to make a gift in memory of someone:
I would like to make a gift in honor of someone:
I would like to make an automatic monthly donation: